the Lord used her in my life at the time.
This little girl had dark brown eyes, a silly grin, and her eyes lit up all the time. She made me laugh, but she was also a handful! Whenever my patience was pushed to the limit, and I was about to say something in my "not nice" voice, the Lord grabbed my attention.
He has a sense of humor, you see, because as I would lean over to get on to her,
the only thing I saw were these cute little red barrettes all over her head...
that said, "I Love Jesus."
It's true. And I would repeat that to myself over and over so my blood pressure would
lower and I would remember why He placed me there.
I think her mama knew what she was doing with those things! Ha!
But isn't it like the Lord to give us sweet reminders in unlikely places?
The top of that little girl's head is the last place I would think to go for a word from the Lord.
But there it was. Day after day. All over that sweet little head.
And now, 12 years later, I still think of it often.
God is so good.
I think I may need to buy Hazel some.:)
Comments
Post a Comment